Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Culture & Exams

Hey out there. I thought it's about time for a new blog entry, although I didn't do anything too interesting in the meantime. It's been pretty tough studying for the finals at the HTW and keeping up with reading at the same time for all my subjects here at TRU. Furthermore I've had 2 presentations, where we performed pretty well and got some good points for it, and some exams as well, besides the usual quizzes due before class (approximately 2-3 per week) which give certain marks. The macroeconomics quiz went great actually, with 10/10 points. The exam in Business Ethics on the other side wasn't the brightest thing I ever wrote and it was accordingly marked. I wasn't surprised of the outcome as I didn't get to read all the chapters I would have had to (4, I made it as far as mid 2nd). However, after all the finals were over I was pretty excited about letting my hair down, at least for one or two days.



Dinner with some International Students

So we had a huge party Thursday night, and I finally got to get around a bit in Downtown on Friday. Peter, a Finish guy studying here for the winter term as well, and I went to Long & McQuade, a music store a 15 minutes walk off downtown. We got ourselves a Guitar each, and I got myself a Line6- Mutli-FX- Gear, so I can simulate different Guitar-Amps with different settings. It wasn't much of a surprise that I spent saturday basically doing nothing else but playing guitar. Besides I just took part in a Leadership Workshop, provided by school. Was interesting, although I already knew about most things. Anyway, it was nice to just forget about all the things that were to come for two days.


Downtown Kamloops

Multi-FX-Gear
My Guitar


Sunday consisted of reading and studying, as I already had two midterms coming on Tuesday. So I spent some time with my buddies, Mankew, DeGeorge and Tim Hortons. Same for Monday, when I went downtown again. Was just hanging out at a Coffeshop (Fresh Café, probably the best Coffee I've ever tried!) and carrying on with reading. These two Midterms didn't go too bad then, Macroeconomics is supposed to be pretty good actually, rather then Financial MGMT, where I did not yet find the time to catch up with the class.


As I told you, not much happened. Pretty boring life actually, but somewhat exciting to live and enjoy every second to the fullest. It's the little things that make it worth doing some extra work and giving some extra effort.


Right now we're about to plan a trip down to Seattle & Vancouver for the Midterm break, which will take place around Feb 18- Feb 27. I can't wait to get down there again!


As the title might suggest I've had some little lessons in Canadian culture & sayings. Pretty funny actually, did you know what "When the shit hits the fan" means?! Something bad just got worse...Jeremy showed me some classic Canadian TV-Shows like Trailer Park Boys or Kenny vs Spenny. Definitely worth seeing, I laughed my ass of! Find some YouTube clips below.

That's it for now, hope your exams all went well & and the party feeling isn't wearing off too fast!


See ya mates!




No comments:

Post a Comment