Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Small World We Are Living In

So, I’m back on track again, have loads of work that needs to be done. And there’s always something that pops in my mind again, that I need to do, or should have been doing a long time ago. And sometimes the day just doesn’t have enough hours to complete all these tasks that need to be done. All I can do is keep it up and try my best to get the desired results out of everything. The first few midterms didn’t go too well though, I famously failed in finance, and just got away with a D in Business Ethics, whereas I got an A- in Macro. Nothing that couldn’t be fixed. Just need to keep on working on it.

When I lived in Vancouver two years ago I met several people and of course, kept in touch with them. Last Saturday I met one of them, Maike, who actually grew up mostly in Kamloops. As small as this world is, it turned out that she used to hang out with one of my instructors! How small this world is.

I got an email on Monday, saying that I would have to do my Spanish Finals on Wednesday. I thought that I wouldn’t have to write it and could do it on my own to see where I’m standing as this course isn’t contributing towards my degree anyway. Hence I didn’t bring a book nor did I study for it. Will have a look on some notes that I scanned before I left and do some last minute cramming, it’s the best that I can do.

I’m getting really excited about our road-trip down to Seattle and Vancouver. We already booked the cars and the hostels. We’ll be leaving Kamloops on Saturday morning, and be back Friday night, or I might take a Greyhound even later as I’d like to enjoy Vancouver to the fullest. Can’t wait to get there. I’ll go to Whistler for a day of skiing, as well as Grouse Mountain which is on my To-Do-List. Night Skiing, just hope the weather is going to be nice and not too British.

I’m about to buy myself a HD-Camcorder, is there anyone who could give some advice on what to keep an eye on? Thank you for any tips ;)

So, that’s it for now, two days of school to go until mid-break. Let’s make it happen!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I hope that you won't have the british weather that I normally experience here in England... :-D
    Enjoy your time!
    Ladina

    ReplyDelete